- Overview and Subject Information
- Curriculum Overview 2023/24
- Topic information for parents
- Curriculum Newsletters
- Design & Technology
- Religious Education
- Birmingham Curriculum Statement
- The Shaw Hill Curriculum Pledge
- Enrichment, Assemblies
& Special Events
At Shaw Hill School the children are encouraged to be creative, using a variety of media, skills and techniques in artwork. The art and design curriculum engages, inspires and challenges pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. An awareness of colour, shape, balance, focus and proportion are developed alongside the use of symbols to convey ideas and feelings. The study of a wide range of artists, craftspeople and designers complements this work.
The national curriculum for art and design at Shaw Hill aims to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.